Thursday, January 9, 2014

WIP, Sengoku Astray 1

So i'm a little jet lagged and waking up at 3 in the morning. Decided to get working on the Astray.  I wanted to work with the upper body first. painting the heads, torso, arms. Like previously mentioned I wanted a metallic scheme for the astray. actually since last post, I searched Google for metallic astray red frame and here is the result. Credit to Gundam Guys

This was pretty much what I wanted. Obviously mine won't be to such quality.

I'm preping the parts for easy removal by trimming the pegs and enlarging the holes. My pin vise hasn't arrived, so i'm using a round file to enlarge the hole.


Actually the v fins needed a little trimming to get on to the head.


Before and after Priming. I'm using Vallejo Grey Primer.This primer doesn't need to be thin down with anything but I just add a couple of drops of alcohol to the cup.


Here's the comparison between the original red on the runner and the metallic red I painted. I'm quite happy with the result. I didn't use metallic red colour, rather a layer of tamiya titanium silver and red clear coat.

And here is the head assembled.

I used the titanium silver for the face and back half of the head and vallejo silver for the front half.

No comments:

Post a Comment